“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and
the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”
Wolfpack Softball will have a float in this Saturday’s June 20th Strawberry Fest Parade. We would like to have as many girls as possible attend to walk/ride the parade route, cheering loudly and passing out candy. Parents/coaches are encouraged to walk along as well. The more adults walking alongside the float, the better.
Our greatest and proudest “decoration” are our girls decked out in full uniform, so please plan on wearing them.
Here are some bullet points for rules, start times, etc:
· The #1 rule when we play ball is TO HAVE FUN!! This is being replaced with BE SAFE!!!!! If a girl is on the trailer, she must remain on the trailer until the driver of the truck pulling the float is made aware by a parent/coach to not move again until given the clearance and go ahead that it is safe to move.
· #2 rule-HAVE FUN AND CHEER LOUDLY!!!
· Please have sun screen applied to your daughter
· Water will be provided for anyone who wants it.
Drop off and pickup locations/time, etc:
· Start time of the parade is 10:30. Please have your daughter’s at the float at 9:45. This will allow time to organize and lay out the ground rules for the girls.
· The parade lineup is staging along 80th St. between Jocelyn Ave and Jamaica. The drop off point is at the intersection of Jocelyn and 80th. Parking is available on side streets near the line up area, and also at the end of the parade route near Cottage Grove Middle School.
· Please walk your daughter’s to our float. We are fairly close to the start of the parade this year. We are #22 in a lineup of over 100 floats. I doubt there will be a sign that says #22 so look for a white Ford F150 truck pulling a car trailer decked out in Wolfpack green tinsel,etc.
· For those parents dropping off girls at the float and then picking them up again at the Middle School. I would plan on 1.5-2 hours for our float to get to the end. It can get chaotic at the end of the parade for pickup. We do our best to keep the girls together while they await pickup. Please do your best to let one of the adults in charge know that you have picked your girl up.
Please see map below to help answer any questions about the drop off location.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email or phone.
Director of Special Events
PARADE DROP OFF SATURDAY JUNE 20th
Follow us on Twiiter or be our friend on Facebook and get updated on the fly!