What a long, hot weekend! We are very proud of our girls, finishing 4th place out of 174 u12 teams competing last weekend in state tournaments, and amongst the 18 teams they played against in the Tier 1 bracket. The girls brought their fans to near heart failure several times this weekend, with close victories that came right down to the wire. Throughout those games, the girls fought hard to the end and didn't give up - it paid off. Although we fell short of our goal, state champs, the girls defeated the tri-county tournament champion/top tri-county seed team in the tournament as well as defeated Farmington, the team that knocked us out of the Tri-County tournament. Two victories the girls and coaches both wanted badly! We now turn our attention to the National Tournament this weekend hoping to bring home the National Championship as well as defeating a few more rivals along the way.
Quite a fitting name for this tournament - Pride in the Pack, because we couldn't have been more proud of this Wolfpack team. They played hard all weekend leading to their championship victory as the only undefeated u12A team in the tournament. They scored 55 runs while only allowing 12. Baker, Alayna and 30 were tough at the plate as our leading hitters and run producers. Delaney led us to victory, pitching 3 games, including the championship game, limiting baserunners with her power and control on the mound. ALL the girls played well both offensively and defensively despite the strange range in weather from windy/hot 80's to sunny/hot 80's to cold/rainy/windy low 60's to sunny/warm high 60's. Only in MN can you experience such a variety of weather conditions, but our girls did not allow any of this to impact their game! Way To Go Wolfpack!!
Game 1: Wolfpack 7 Roseville 4
Game 2: Wolfpack 17 Edina 2
Game 3: Wolfpack 12 Farmington 1
Game 1: Wolfpack 7 White Bear Lake 2
Game 2: Wolfpack 7 Stillwater 0
Championship Game: Wolfpack 5 Stillwater 3
Thank You to everyone who supported our teams on April 27th at our fundraiser. Lots of great food with even better company. Also Thank You to all the community members who donated to our silent auction. The fundraiser was a huge success thanks to such a suppportive Cottage Grove Community and Team Families.
The Wolfpack 12U Green girls have a traveling mascot this year. The Wolf Pup will be traveling with the girls to all their games and get to go home with a new girl after each game. The player who has the Pup from the previous game will choose a player who did something to recognize - big play, amazing sportsmanship, strong motivator, etc - and recognize that player and her contributions to the team by giving her the pup. While home with a player the pup will get some new bling added. By the end of the season that Pup will be quite amazing as he will spend time with 11 amazing girls/softball players.
The Travels of the Pup:
- Shelby Schabacker: Against the Thurderboltz in the Winter Extravaganza, Shelby pitched a great game and hit a huge 2 run triple that got us back in the game. We tied the game 5 - 5
- Bryanna Olson: On day 2 of the Winter Extravaganza, Bryanna pitched an amazing game agains the Gatorz. She was on fire, allowing just 2 hits and one unearned run! We lost the game 0 - 1, but it was an amazing game played by all!
- Shelby Porter: Our last game of the Winter Extravaganza, Shelby got 2 big hits - a double and a HOMERUN! She also led the team with hits through the weekend. We beat Anoka-Ramsey 9 - 5.
- Riley Perryman: Bizzle gave the pup to Riley after our first dome ball outing against the Renegades. 2 losses - against a tough team, but the girls played well for their first time out. Riley played a couple innings as catcher, a fairly new position for her and she adjusted quite well. She also had a very nice hit during the game.
- Bailey Perryman: Riley gave the pup to Bailey recognizing her for a wonderful bunt made during the our 2nd week in dome ball in a game versus White Bear Lake. The pup is getting pretty cute with all the fabulous wolfpack accessories, now sporting a wolfpack necklace and visor.
- Delaney Young: The pup was passed from Bailey to Delaney in week 3 of dome ball against one of the Krush teams. Delaney started pitching the 7:00 am game and struggled getting into her groove at first. Bailey recognized Delaney for her ability to work through it with a strong finish and never gave up.
- Alayna Silvis: Delaney passed the pup - who is now wearing a fabulous Wolfpack tshirt and cool shoes/socks to Alayna. She recognized Alayna for having the initiative to come out to the mound to help her pitcher when she was struggling as well as being a supportive presence for the team both on the field and bench.
- Victoria Bade: Victoria received the pup from Alayna in the 5th week of dome ball - after a VERY early double header. Those 6:15 am warm-up times are pretty early to get fired up for. Alayna recognized Bade for being a vocal leader on the field - she was talking a lot between plays to keep the team focused and was very supportive through out of her team mates. Victoria was always letting people know they played well, as well as supporting team mates that might have struggled. She also played well throughout the game.
- Maddie Reckinger: A very clever Bade who added a very cool belt made out of green, white and black soda can tabs to our pup passed the mascot alond to Maddie for several big hits she had in our last weekend at dome ball
- Bryanna Olson: First double recipient of the pup, Bryanna was given the pup by Maddie who recognized her for her incredible pitching in our 3rd pool game in Iowa against MSA. Not only did Bry-O pitch an amazing game with NO runs scored against us, we were the only team to hold MSA to a scoreless game in the tournament.
- Shelby Schabacker: After our bracket game in the Beaverdale tournament, Bry-O presented the pup, now wearing a lovely pair of earings, to Baker. Baker pitched a great game, stricking out 10 batters from Fort Dodge. We fell short that game, but Baker battled through the whole game and did a great job!
- Delaney Young: Delaney received the pup with some great ear bling (earings and gages) from Shelby. Shelby recognized Delaney for an amazing "bomb" she hit in our season opener against West Side Lady Hawks as well as for a heads up double play.
- Amber Peterson: The pup was passed after our Home Opener for the season against Hastings to AP. AP made some great contact with the ball tonight sending one deep outfield.
- Riley Perryman: AP passed the pup to Riley after our league double header against Stillwater. Riley's bat was HOT that night - with many solid hits and lots of RBI's!
- Shelby Schabacker: Riley passed the pup onto Shelby after our double header league game against Inver Grove Heights. Shelby had been struggling at the plate a bit last week and after a lot of hard work turned things around with a great hit tongiht.
- Breanna Dockter: Well - it is obvious that the new bat the pup has is bringing the girls some luck at the plate because the pup went home with Breanna tonight after a BOMB triple in first game of our Pride In The Pack Tournament. Breanna got the ball rolling for several girls to follow suit that allowed us to widen the score to a 7-4 victory.
- Delaney Young: The pup, jersey number 00, was passed to Delaney after our 2nd game in our home tournament. Delaney pitched a great game and was solid offensively as well with a triple and a 2RBI single that contributed to our significant victory over Edina.
- Bailey Perryman: The triples seem to be contagious this weekend! Delaney recognized Bailey for a great triple right down the first base line in our tournament game against Farmington - the big hit of the game and contributed to our 12 runs scored for our first bracket play win of the tournament.
- Breanna Dockter: Bailey passed the pup to Breanna after our bracket game versus White Bear Lake. Bre, at first base came up with some wonderful plays chasing down several foul tips and making it look easy.
- Delaney Young: After a very COLD, RAINY game in the semi's against Stillwater Stampede Breanna gave the pup to Delaney. Delaney pitched an incredible game, We had a bases loaded situation at one point in the game, but Delaney's great pitching held them scoreless and got us out of the inning.
- Shelby Schabacker: Delaney passed our Championship Pup to Baker. Baker had several big hits in our championship game as well as throughout the tournament. In addition to solid offensive, her glove was "like a magnet" in the championship game helping lead our team to our first tournament championship of the season.
- Amber Peterson: After a great tournament weekend, our girls brought that energy and excitement into our league double header versus Farmington. Shelby passed the pup to AP for solid offense and defense throughout highlighted by a beautiful triple deep outfield.
- Maddie Reckinger: AP passed the pup to 30 after our victorious league games against Stillwater. Maddie made it on base every at bat in that double header (actually twice in one amazing - 11 run inning), racked up a handful of RBI's and did a great job behind the plate.
- Victoria Bade: In our double header against Hudson, Victoria received the pup for several hits (some extra base) and RBI's. As always she also was very heads up on the bases! The pup is quite fashoinable now, these girls really know how to bling it up!
- Shelby Porter: After the friday night game in the Bloomington Tournament the pup was passed to Bizzle for an incredible homeroom!
- Bryanna Olson: On Saturday of the Bloomington tournament Bizzle passed the pup to Bry-O. Not only was Bry-O solid on the mound in our Saturday games, but her bat certainly came alive as well driving in several RBI's
- Shelby Schabacker: On "Championship Sunday" Bry-O passed the pup to Baker. Shelby pitched back to back games for the Semi's and Championship. In the Championship game versus Chanhassen, Shelby pitched a complete game "no-hitter"
- Maddie Reckinger: Baker gave 30 the pup for saving the day. The team was down at the end of the second game against White Bear Lake. Home team, last at bats and we were down. 30 hits a 2 RBI hit that won the game.
- Riley Perryman: After our Saturday games in the Eagan Down and Dirty, 30 gave the pup to Riley for her catching appearance during the Eagan game. Riley did a great job behind the plate.
- Bryanna Olson: Bry-O carried us through the day on the mound on Sunday's games, earning her the pup. She pitched all 3 games on Sunday with wins over Stillwater and 2 East Ridge teams.\
- Shelby Porter: Bizzle was passed the pup after our double header against Lakeville. Bizzle played 2 amazing games, both offensively and defensively. Bizzle got on Base 5 out of 6 times at bat.
- Amber Peterson: Bizzle passed the pup to AP for some amazing hits versus Forest lake. AP had 3 hits in the double header, bringing in 4 RBI's.
- Victoria Bade: Bade was given the pup after our games against Roseville. Bade made some big plays at 3rd base. Offensively solid and great at the plate.
- Shelby Schabacker: After our final league games of the season, Bade passed the pup to Baker. Shelby, whose jaw was broken a few weeks ago, has made it to every single game to support the team. It means a lot to the girls, although they all want her back on the field, they love having her there for support while she is injured.
- Delaney Young: At the conclusion of our tri-county qualifier, Baker gave the pup to Delaney for a great day of pitching, in the incredible heat.
- Riley Perryman: After a long/hot weekend at the state tournament in Mankato, Delaney passed the pup to Riley. Riley had some nice catches in the outfield as well as some nice hits this weekend. She also hustled all weekend.
No upcoming events found.